Learn how to become part of a community, assess where you can help, and what resources and work are needed for any community to take control of their destiny and thrive.apply now
Community Development isn’t about saving people. It’s about being a great member of whatever community you belong to. At Kalu Yala, this means helping out in the neighboring town of San Miguel with the skills and resources we are developing, while San Miguel helps us further our abilities through practice and interaction. You will teach in the public school system, implement and manage after school programs, and work with the people of San Miguel to ensure a bright future for all.
- How to perform needs based assessments
- Global education challenges and opportunities
- Effective communications and community organizing skills
- Advanced community development approaches
- How to help any community succeed
From graduate students preparing thesis material to novices who only know they are passionate about helping others, San Miguel is the perfect context to learn how to make a difference in the world.