WHAT DOES TUITION INCLUDE?
- Sleeping arrangement specific to the venue: Interns in programs based in the Kalu Yala valley have the choice of an air mattress in a thatched rancho or may bring their own hammock. For San Miguel programs, interns stay in a shared bunk room.
- Meal Plan on weekdays with vegetarian and gluten free options
- Project Supplies
- Optional complimentary Spanish classes
- Laundry facilities for San Miguel – based programs (Valley based students are encouraged to hand wash and hang dry clothing but may use these facilities when visiting San Miguel or our Panama City venue)
- Airport Transportation 3 days prior to and after the program. Note: We suggest arriving in Panama before noon the Sunday before your program begins. Orientation begins early the following morning!
LET’S GET YOU HERE
We have payment plans available where, rather than the balance being due at the normal date, 90 days before the start of the semester, you can make monthly installments until the start of the semester. For extenuating circumstances we can sometimes stretch things out a little further, but that’s on a case by case basis.
If those options don’t work, then historically, the best thing to do in that situation is crowd-funding. Using sources like gofundme.com many alumni raised all or part of their tuition. The most important thing to remember when using a crowd-sourcing platform is that it’s imperative to explain to people the larger idea of what you want to accomplish, how your aspirations can benefit society as a whole, and how Kalu Yala can help you achieve that.